Friday, January 7, 2011

Mom by Marriage

I have never been pregnant.  In a simple ceremony I gained a husband, a new life in a new part of the country, and three children. Two boys, 10 and 8 years, and a daughter 6 years young. There was a 22 months of phone calls, cross country visits, a few months of living together, a lot more months of living apart, a week of the kids with us in San Diego during summer vacation, 3 weeks of being in their town with shared visits when they lived with their mother. Conversations with other step moms, one very important conversation with a step mom who adopted her step kids when the marriage dissolved.

It wasn't just motherhood "in an instant" I had prayed about it, thought about it, researched it and knew in my heart it was the right thing.  A simple "I do" confirmed my desire and promise to be a wife and a mother. My 'Mom gig' started 48 hours after that "I do".

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful wife and now mom but I should inform you that your daughter is now 7........hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete